February is the month of love and we all know who our humans number one valentine is... So get your master in the kitchen to cook you up these yummy balls of affection. After all, it’s what a furry friend like you deserves! And on top of it, it’s a grain free treat too.
A lot of people still don't know the miraculous benefits of the red beetroot vegetable for the health of dogs, but we do: fresh beets are high in nutrients, low in calories and a fantastic source of potassium - essential for healthy nerve and muscle function. Bananas on the other hand burst with fibre and vitamin C & B.
On top of that this recipe is grainfree and a perfect veggy snack for your dog. That’s why these little balls aren’t just pretty, but super healthy too!
Your human will need:
- 1/2 Small Beet
- 1 small banana
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 4 Tbsp Almond Flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 300ºF
- Mash the banana and puree your beet and mix together in a bowl
- Mould your valentine treats into your favourite shapes
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes, turning over halfway.
- Treats too soft? Drop the temperature to 200ºF for a further five minutes till they’re nice and crunchy, yum!
Dont' forget to remind your human to send us your beautiful red creations.